Expect to deliver Iconic Experiences when you host your sports event in Pittsburgh.
The SportsPITTSBURGH Team works closely with each event planner to provide expertise at every step in the planning process. Based on the needs of your event, the SportsPITTSBURGH Team will work to make your time in Pittsburgh a success by providing a wide range of services. From hotel reservations and banquet planning, to red carpet arrivals, firework celebrations registration assistance and community outreach guidance, the SportsPITTSBURGH Team caters to all your individual needs.
- Organize venue and hotel site visits.
- Secure event room blocks.
- Connect event planners with local contacts and government agencies.
- Provide housing reservation services.
- Manage volunteer recruitment process.
- Create a custom landing page on SportsPITTSBURGH.com with event, ticket and travel information.
- Develop a custom marketing plan that includes initiatives to promote the event and ticket sales.
- Develop an on-site activation to promote the event and to increase social media awareness.
- Create “WOW moments” designed specifically for players and fans that demonstrate the community's support.
- Create an event listing on the VisitPITTSBURGH.com events calendar and highlight the listing in various placements, including weekly social posts, consumer e-blasts, etc.
- Engage VisitPITTSBURGH restaurant partners to offer specials and welcome fans.
- Produce a custom Welcome to Pittsburgh video with local elected officials, local stakeholders, sports contacts, etc.
- Develop and implement a custom email marketing plan, including emails to local/regional university and college season ticket holders, local/regional youth and high school sports programs and major corporations in the Pittsburgh area.
- Create a custom event signage and city décor plan.
Social Media Assistance
- Create a custom social media plan, including a timeline with key milestones.
- Host or co-host an online Facebook event (if applicable).
- Design a Snapchat filter.
Public Relations and Media Support
- Create a PR plan, including a timeline with key milestones.
- Generate unique media opportunities for the upcoming event.
- Create a press release to engage local and regional media and encourage coverage of events, ticket sales, etc.
- Host an event press conference for media.
- Create a media advisory in advance of a press conference.
- Pitch stories to local and national media, including local ties, inspirational stories and community engagement/lasting legacy pieces.
- Schedule local TV and radio interviews for SportsPITTSBURGH executives to discuss upcoming event.
- Incorporate a custom welcome and departure message at the Pittsburgh International Airport.
- Inquire about City of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County proclamations.